Reduce Cholesterol Naturally
Cholesterol is a steroid found in animal tissue, even more heavily located in bile and gall stones and often times present in food that is passed throughout the body in plasma within the blood. It can build up in the blood and lead to the beginning phase of atherosclerosis or blocked arteries due to excess plaque, limiting blood flow and ultimately leading to increased risk of heart attack and stroke.
Reducing Cholesterol Naturally
Reducing cholesterol naturally can be done with the following lifestyle changes:
- More Exercise - By adding additional exercise to a daily routine, the body becomes more efficient with energy, burning up stored fats in the form of LDL that is gathered by the good HDL in your liver. When you exercise, you naturally reduce your cholesterol levels, but it needs to be in at least 30 minute increments and done multiple times per week - preferably 3-4, though for those just starting it is recommended to start smaller and build up.
- Increase Soluble Fiber Intake - By increasing the intake of soluble fiber in the form of beans and whole grains, the body gains a valuable tool in reducing cholesterol naturally. The soluble fiber binds to cholesterol and takes it out of the body as it is processed by the digestive tract.
- Eating Less Meat - Animal fat foods, such as red meat are rich in cholesterol as that is where the steroid is stored in the animal's bodies. By reducing the intake of animal fats such as beef and dairy products, the body receives less cholesterol and saturated fats that need to be processed, thereby reducing cholesterol naturally.
- Red Yeast Rice - Red Yeast Rice is the source of many pharmaceutical drug statins, except this is the natural state. Taking the complex will help you start reducing cholesterol naturally by limiting the reaction of cholesterol from going forward to start with, limiting overall production completely.
- Policosanol - Also known as sugar wax, this compound is not as strong as statin drugs but has a similar effect by turning off some of the cholesterol forming reaction in the body. This ensures that HDL continues to be created in the body, something that many statin drugs will inhibit. By taking the sugar wax and inhibiting only the reaction that forms LDL cholesterol, the kind that is directly linked to the creation of blocked arteries and plaque on blood vessel walls, you start reducing cholesterol naturally and boosting the good cholesterol counts in your body for future use.
Effectively boosting your diet, exercise routine and ingestion of supplements can significantly start reducing cholesterol naturally in many adults without the side effects and illnesses that often come as a result of taking statins for a prolonged period of time.
Vasacor Cholesterol Treatment Content Copyright © 2006-2017 Vasacor - Speedwinds Nutrition Inc.